The Woodstock Energy Committee is an action group of Sustainable Woodstock. Its mission is to promote energy efficiency, conservation and the development and use of renewable energy sources among the Town’s residents, businesses, educational and municipal affairs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We assist the town in addressing the goals laid out in the Woodstock Town Plan. These goals will be accomplished through educational activities and programs, the collection and distribution of information and research materials, and the pursuit of available funds to facilitate the goals. We are a member of the Vermont Energy and Climate Action Network. Some of our achievements include:
- Leading a campaign to establish a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) district in Woodstock
- Sponsoring forums on Smart Meters and residential solar projects
- Encouraging local businesses to join the Vermont Business Environmental Partnership
- Organizing and assisting the energy audit of Woodstock Town Hall
- Supporting an energy audit for the Union Arena Community Center
The Energy Action Group holds informational sessions for Woodstock area residents on many aspects of energy use. Shown here is a September, 2014 meeting at Town Hall on heat pump technology, where we explained how homeowners can save fuel and money. Thirty people attended this event.
We have designed a tool for assessing the energy efficiency of your own home, “What’s Your Number?” You can find it here: What’s Your Number